Spirit Rising Yoga's 7th Annual Midwest Women's Yoga Retreat
September 26-29, 2019
Life On Wings
Embrace your divine nature and power to transcend the ordinary
We’ve kept the information from last year’s retreat to give you an idea of what to expect.
Stay Tuned for further specific registration details!
Dwell in realms above the stress, integrating Kundalini Yogic practice
during this special weekend and after, committing yourself to a Life on Wings.
During this retreat you will expand outwardly and inwardly experiencing your soul in the deep, compassionate company of women.
Daily yoga classes will strengthen you physically and rouse your spirit.
Walks in the wooded surroundings will fortify your connection with nature and the loving gifts she provides.
NIA dance will send you upward on a journey of rhythmic bliss.
Each day begins with the wonders of early morning practice, Sadhana, accompanied by live music, setting the tone for personal growth and elevation.
Shabad Kaur Khalsa and Team Shakti invite you to lift out of everyday life practicing the yogic and lifestyle principles of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation.
We’re hosting the 7th Annual Midwest Women's Yoga Retreat at the lovely St. Iakovos Retreat Center in Kansasville, Wisconsin (only 1.5 hours from Chicago), which is a recently built center with beautiful features integrated with the natural surroundings. This is a perfect setting for women to integrate the healing power of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation and the richness of the teachings for women.
We encourage you to participate in all of our inspiring, engaging and fun activities. We also want you to feel free to take time to relax or just take a break, so please consider all our activities as optional.
What will I receive with my registration?
- Accomodations: Your choice of comfortable luxurious, communal, or individual accommodations
- Delicious vegetarian meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner, consciously cooked with locally sourced produce. Meals are primarily vegan and gluten-free.
- Optional Early Arrival: Arrive Thursday afternoon ease in to the Retreat. Enjoy dinner and relaxing evening programming.
- Nature Connection: Pinewood nature trails to explore between classes and relax with breathtaking views of Friendship Lake, beautiful woods, sunrise and sunset.
- Kundalini Yoga 101: Kundalini Yoga preview and information throughout the weekend for beginners.
- Early Morning Aquarian Sadhana: Greet the sunrise on Saturday and Sunday mornings with meditation, yoga and live music by sacred music recording artists and yoginis, 'Preet' (optional)- Evening Sound and Mantra: Mantra meditation and chanting, with talented trio of musicians 'Preet', followed by a Sound Healing featuring multiple Gongs.
- Breathwalk: combining specific patterns of breathing synchronized with your walking steps and enhanced with the art of directed, meditative attention.
- Yoga by the Fireplace: Kundalini Yoga classes throughout the retreat led by Certified Kundalini Yoga Teachers designed to fit all women's levels.
- Shabad Kaur Khalsa: Retreat Director and a long-time beloved student Yogi Bhajan, leads the women in classes and sharing circles to uplift and shine.
- Dance Workshop/Playshop: Jamie Elizabeth Klausing, Nia Trainer, Somatic Movement Specialist, leads everyone in an uplifting and fun movement!- Ayurvedic Cooking Demonstration - Learn how to make Yogi Tea!
- Women Centered Activities: Connecting games, crafts, opportunities for open and structured conversations.
- Self-Care Resource Packet: Following the Retreat you will receive a digital compilation of the Yoga Sets, Mantras, Meditations and other useful Retreat tools to keep your self-care a priority throughout the year.
The Midwest Women's Yoga Retreat offers a wonderful chance to rest, rejuvenate, and gain yogic tools to carry forward from the art and science of yoga. Meditations to help maintain a clear mind. Simple breath techniques that can be used in an instant to connect with our higher selves in moments of stress. Yoga kriyas to help stretch our bodies and maintain flexibility.