Kundalini Yoga Mantra Introduction
Kundalini Yoga Mantras are unique sound patterns that put into action a vibratory affect on our subtle and physical bodies that connects us with the inner sound current, the Naad. KY Mantras are written in the Gurmukhi script, a simple phonetic alphabet that was created by the 2nd Sikh Master Guru Angad Dev Ji to allow the common people to have access to the sacred writings with out having to go through a priest or intermediary. The words 'gur-mukhi' literally mean "from the mouth of the guru". The Since the Mantras we practice are not always from a particular language, and can predate languages, it can be said language is derived from Mantras. The introduction of the Gurmukhi Script offered all people an opportunity to grow. We use chanting a mantra as a component of many KY meditations and can also include a mudra (hand position), breathing in a certain way and specific dynamic movement.
Correct pronunciation of these ancient Kundalini Yoga Sounds, vibrate different parts of the roof of the mouth, touching on meridian points, balancing and stimulating different parts of the body and brain, and listening to the sound inside you, plus how many minutes or hours a person chants, all combines to bring you safety to inner states of awareness (enlightenment) and change. Read these ancient sacred sounds, the translations and what they can bring into your life. Decide how many days you are willing to commit to this practice (times and days explained below).
There are 84 meridian points on the roof of the mouth which the tongue stimulates those meridian points, and they in turn stimulate the hypothalamus which makes the pineal gland radiate. When the pineal gland radiates, it creates an impulse in the pituitary gland. When the pituitary gland gives impulses, the entire glandular system secretes and a human being obtains bliss. This is the science.
Yogi Bhajan tells us that Mantra Yoga is perhaps one of the most ancient ways of self realization. "Man" means mind and "tra" means wave, Mantra is that which controls the waves
of the mind. According to the yogic and metaphysical science, Mantras are primal sounds that alter the patterns of the mind and brain chemistry. The ancient sages describe Mantra as a seed, which when ripe flowers the Divine within you.
Mantras are universal. They are energetic portals into a world of wonder, mystery, happiness, and prosperity. We can get really high from chanting them, really blissed out. We can release fears and projections that don't serve us. We can release any stagnation when we chant these profound sounds. They can be chanted aloud, silently, or simply listened to….and all ways are very powerful to uplift consciousness.
Mantras help us form a projection of the mind, which in turn effects our entire being from our thoughts, to our body's function, to how we relate with ourselves and the world. The best thing about chanting mantras for me is that I feel my heart when I chant, and that is powerful and very enjoyable.
- 3 minutes - affect the electromagnetic field, the circulation and stability of the blood
- 7 minutes - Brain patterns begin to shift and the magnetic field surrounding the body increases in strength
- 11 minutes - begins to change the nerves and the glandular system
- 22 minutes - the 3 minds balance and begin to work together, The subconscious mind begins to clear
- 31 minutes - allows the glands, breath, and concentration to affect all the cells and rhythms of the body. Endocrine secretions are completely balanced
- 62 minutes - Stimulates the frontal lobe of the brain; pituitary and pineal glands. You work through the physical body, the emotions and mental states and are then in communication with aspects of the Divine within yourself.
- 2 1/2 hours - changes the psyche in its co-relation with the surrounding magnetic field so that the subconscious mind is held firmly in the new pattern by the surrounding universal mind. You totally remake your psyche
We chant for:
It takes 40 days to change a habit. It takes 90 days In 120 days the new habit is who you are.
In a 1,000 days you have mastered the new habit.