The development of the human Sensory System is one of the major themes of Yogi Bhajan's later lectures. Below I have compiled notes from some of these lectures. This material is an important point of reference for the coming years as we move from the Piscean to the Aquarian Age. The Human Sensory System
The human sensory system is going to be our greatest asset in the Aquarian Age. We can cultivate our sensory system by consciously connecting to our breath, strengthening our nervous system, activating our glandular system, balancing our emotional energies, and channeling our mental energy to intuitive awareness. As we cultivate a subtle sensitivity to our being, we will experience a sense of completeness within ourselves that will give us great satisfaction. We will have the capacity to feel calm, contained, content, and straight. We will no longer feel the need to be validated from outside because energetically we will validate ourselves by going deep inside our own being.
Destiny and Attraction Mode
As we establish a sense of our own identity, our destiny will be revealed to us. Everyone has a special destiny. What we came here to do will become clear. It is our job to deliver it in a meditative way. As we achieve a sense of completeness and balance within ourselves, the energy, that we once used to compensate for our perceived limitations and to get validation from outside, will be available to attract what we need to make our unique contribution to the world.
The Shift is Happening Now
On an individual level, if people are not disciplined, they will be unable to handle the intense energy and its implications. InYogi Bhajan’s words, “In the next eleven years we will find people getting empty, more perturbed, not able to bear enough, not having much tolerance, and very argumentative." Instead of channeling the energy to manifest, people will use the pressure as an excuse to get drunk, take drugs, or to compensate through other outside stimulation. Those who cannot hold the energy in their own bodies will experience hopelessness and despair. Those who can incorporate the higher frequencies will get high off of the energy and experience bliss. They will know that this is one of the best times to be alive. They will enjoy themselves in the moment and have a genuine experience of love and joy.
How Can We Develop our Sensory System?
Yogi Bhajan has offered us the following touchstones:
- Be the prayer
- Allow and commit to deep cleansing
- Find your identity inside yourself
- Be very honest, open, and straight with yourself
- Learn self-control
- Learn to contain your own energy
- Cultivate inner contentment
- If there is a choice, choose the positive
- Identify your destiny and serve
- Cultivate character, commitment, and grace
- Balance yourself, so you don't need to be compensated from outside
- Give up manipulation and control
- When you want something, get clear, ask, be calm, and let it come
- Develop a meditative mind to wait and see what comes to you
- Develop a relationship with a working God that dwells and breathes within you
Guru Rattana, PhD, trained with Yogi Bhajan for 26 years. She is the author of
- The Destiny of Women is the Destiny of the World,
- Your Life is in Your Chakras
- Inner and Outer Ecology,
- The Power of Neutral
- Transitions to a Heart-Centered World,
- Relax and Renew,
- Sexuality and Spirituality
- Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
She is a KRI certified teacher and has taught Kundalini Yoga for over 32 years. She lives and teaches in San Diego, California. For more information about Guru Rattana and her books & activities, you can visit her Website, Yoga Technology, at