Numerology is an ancient science that has recently come to the United States in its original form. It was taught to me by Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga. Numerology is not an answer to all questions, nor a panacea or philosophy. It is simply a useful tool for understanding ones strengths and weaknesses, and for working on the weaknesses and utilizing the strengths more effectively.
Tantric Numerology by Guruka Singh
Personally, I find it to be useful in counseling since it gives an extremely accurate frame of reference from which to begin. This system of numerology is based upon the total being: mental, physical, and spiritual. Although it is not generally understood in Western society, we actually have ten bodies not one. The physical body we are familiar with is the fifth body out of the ten.
THE TEN BODIES
In addition to this body there are other psycho-electromagnetic bodies of which we are not generally aware. Here are the ten human bodies:
- The SOUL body:This is the core essence of one's consciousness. The part of you which is unchanging, non-reactive, infinite and undying. All creativity comes from here. When it functions properly we feel at peace with ourselves, filled with grace and creativity.
- The NEGATIVE mental body:This is the protective function of the mind which is sensitive to dangers and warns us of them. When it malfunctions, we are either worried about things that pose no real problem, or conversely, oblivious to those things which pose a real and possible threat.
- The POSITIVE mental body: This is the positive, solution oriented part of the mind. It inspires us by showing the best possible results in any situation. When it functions properly we are able to remain positive and look for solutions. When it malfunctions we either feel that our problems are insurmountable, or we are wildly positive where it is not necessary to be so.
- The NEUTRAL mental body: The neutral mind is the listening and evaluating mind. It receives input from the negative and positive minds and reaches a sane and balanced conclusion. Our courses of action is then taken using unbiased, intuitive knowledge which is the ultimate state of mind for success. When the neutral mind is dysfunctional, we are at the mercy of our positive and negative thoughts. The neutral mind establishes the balance or reference point.
- The PHYSICAL body: The vehicle through which we participate fully on earthed. It is perfected by balance in all the physical aspects--diet, work, play, and essentially avoiding extremes like laziness or fanaticism.
- The ARC body: Historically depicted as the halo, arc line arches from ear to ear and is the seat of the akash, the ether, in the body. The Arc line or arc body is the antenna of the consciousness. It is the transmitter of our intuitive awareness and contains our beaming or visualization faculty. Its color varies with a person's health and mental or psychic condition. When the arc body is strong, we have the power to create our own reality. Women have a second arc line reaching across the chest from nipple to nipple which Yogi Bhajan says gets imprinted with the sexual experiences she has had in her life.
- The AURA ( the auric body): The Aura, or eighth chakra of the body, is the circumvent or protective force. It is the electromagnetic field of the physical body which surrounds every living creaturely. Kundalini Yoga kriyas and pranayama increase the auric field, thus increasing awareness. In yogic teachings, a woman is receptive to the penetrating quality of manna. Even flirting can open holes in the aura, making a woman extremely vulnerable. A strong, radiant aura can protect from many misfortunes and strengthen our mental, physical and spiritual bodies.
- The PRANIC body: The pranic body is the subtle energy layer that transmutes pranic energy from the environment into life force energy. A strong Pranic body is given automatically with balance and mastery of the Negative, Positive and Neutral Minds. With a strong Pranic body we have fearlessness, youthfulness, healing power and an innate innocency. Pranayam feeds the Pranic Body.
- The SUBTLE body: The subtle body is the medium of the subtle sensitivity of communication with others and with the environment. When the subtle body is working properly, one becomes immediately sensitive to nonverbal cues and to the meaning behind the words. The Subtle Body carries the Soul to the Infinite at the time of deaths. It is the other Body with the Soul Body which exists after all the others have disappeared. The Mother makes all the other bodices. Often, we can project our subtle bodies beyond time and space to be at two places at unsay. The visions of saints and angels are their subtle bodices. It is that which although we are merged with the Infinite still exists uniquely through eternity.
- The RADIANT body: The radiant body is the medium of projection. It is the luminosity that embodies nobility,grace, power and leadership. When the radiant body is functioning properly it brings a natural charisma, an effortless aura of leadership and spiritual royalty. Their very presence works before a word is spoken. (To those who are in their negative minds it can be perceived as arrogance)
- The SOUL number: The soul number indicates your relationship with your own soul, with your inner self and the source of your creativity. This number is completely inner directed.
- The KARMA number: The karma number indicates your relationship with others. It indicates blockages to effective communication with others and also the main area of limitation that needs work.
- The GIFT number: The gift number shows your natural gift. It is the thing that comes to you effortlessly. Your natural talent. It is God-given and needs no work from you. The catch here is that you must have sufficient self-esteem and elevation to graciously accept your gift in order to use it.
- The DESTINY number: The destiny number indicates the thing you have worked on for many lifetimes. It indicates how OTHERS see you. You may not yourself this way, but others perceive you in this way.
- The PATH number: The path number shows the thing you must do in this lifetime in order to feel fulfilled. It is the path you must walk in order to feel that you are successful...to feel that you have done the thing you came here to do.
Some people were asking what "Tantric" means so I have included the following:
"Tantric" means the intersection of the warp and the woof. It is the cross point of the diagonal energy between the negative and positive polarities. The earliest form of Tantric practice is what we know today as "white Tantric". White Tantric refers to the pure meditative experience of these intersecting energies. It is performed in a group under the guidance of the Mahan Tantric and it allows us to raise our frequency much more quickly than by meditating alone.
Three minutes in the blue aura produced by a white Tantric meditation is equal to 90 years of meditating alone. Most people today associate "Tantric" with the lower form called "red Tantric". This is the sexual Tantric to which you refer. It's much less powerful and much more difficult to do. There's also a debased form of Tantric called "black Tantric" which is essentially using the Tantric energy to manipulate other people. Not recommended.
With reference to the numerology... Tantric Numerology is also known as Akhara Numerology. It was taught by the Mahan Tantric in ancient times and was taught to us by Yogi Bhajan.
Hope this sheds some light on the matter.
There are a couple of good books on Tantric Numerology by Guruchander Singh, by Nam Hari Kaur, and by Shiv Charan Singh.