Kundalini Yoga Meditation: Techniques Specific for Psychiatric Disorders, Couples Therapy and Personal Growth is a clinically proven therapeutic modality that includes a wide variety of complex and simple meditation techniques involving breath, sound, eye focus, and hand/arm postures.
Dr Khalsa teaches clinicians how to incorporate these effective methods into their own practices both for individuals and couples.
Over 30 years ago, David Shannahof-Khalsa devoted his life to the study of how nasal cycle breathing and other yogic techniques can be used to cope with some of the most recalcitrant mental health and medical problems.
Kundalini yoga is used to treat:
- psychiatric disorders
- mental health problems such as
- chronic anxiety,
- obsessive compulsive disorder, (OCD,)
- bipolar disorders,
- impulse control
- eating disorders,
- ADHD and co-morbid disorders,
- chronic fatigue syndrome (CSF)
- sleep disorders,
- post traumatic stress disorder.
KUNDALINI YOGA MEDITATION TECHNIQUES SPECIFIC FOR OTHER PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS
- TREATING ADDICTIVE DISORDERS
- TREATING DEPRESSION,
- focusing the mind,
- eliminating self-destructive behavior
- TREATING GRIEF
- TREATING LEARNING DISORDERS
- Meditation technique for dyslexia
- TREATING PHOBIAS
- A meditation for removing haunting thoughts
- Meditation for deep deep relaxation
- Meditation for treating insomnia and regulating sleep stages: Shabd Kriya (Khalsa, 1974)